- For the Pies
- 120g brown soft sugar
- 100g vegan butter
- 240ml plant milk
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 120g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt For the Filling:
- 320ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped, or ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together using an electric or a hand whisk. Then add the rest of the ingredients for the pies, and mix well.
- Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper, and using an ice cream scoop, portion out 6 cookies on the tray, leaving some space between each one.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling by whisking the ingredients together until you have the texture of whipped cream, and set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Once the pies are done, cook them on a cooling rack until they are completely cooled (this is very important).
- Gently take each cookie and add the cream filling to the flat side, then top with another cookie to create your Whoopie Pies!