You’ve just got home from a busy day and really want to cook something healthy and quick. Then here’s a recipe for you! This is simple, fresh, and full of flavour. And it has the added nutritional benefit of a spoonful of Kimchi on top to give you a probiotic boost.
I often double this recipe so that I can have leftovers for the following day.
- For the Vegetable Noodles:
- 140g ramen noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- 2 small carrots, multicoloured for fun
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 handful chard, chopped
- 1 handful kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp runny tahini
- 2-3 tbsp Cultured Collective Classic Vegan Kimchi For the Topping:
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (white or black)
- handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Peel and julienne the carrots, either with a knife or a peeler with a special julienne part.
- Boil the noodles as per packet instructions and prepare all other ingredients.
- Drain the noodles, add them back into the pot, then add the kale & chard into the pot, stir and cover for a couple of minutes and they will steam in the residual heat.
- In a large serving bowl, add the noodles and steamed greens, then the carrots and peppers.
- Add the tahini, tamari or soy sauce and sesame oil, spring onion, then the Classic Vegan Kimchi.
- Mix well together to incorporate all ingredients. Then divide into 2 dishes and top with sesame seeds and coriander.