You have to try this delicious plant based dessert. The creaminess of the Macadamia is the perfect combo for the sweet apricots and tanginess of the summer fruits. The orange zest on top just adds that extra tangy magic. It’s an mouthwatering treat for a summers day or even wow your guests at your next BBQ.
For more BBQ ideas, head on over to this awesome collection of vegan BBQ recipes
Vegan Vanilla Macadamia Cream with Warm Apricots & Summer Fruits
- For the Vanilla Macadamia Cream:
- 100g raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, or 1 tsp of vanilla pod powder
- 250ml water (may need extra) For the Warm Apricots & Summer Fruits Topping:
- 2 apricots, halved and de-seeded
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for frying
- handful of summer fruits of your choice, such cherries, raspberries, strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 tsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- zest of 1 orange
- Start off by soaking macadamias in water for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat coconut oil in a small frying pan and fry the apricots halves, flat side down for a few minutes until they catch colour. Remove and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the macadamias and add these to a high speed blender and blitz until you have a creamy consistency.
- Once nice and smooth, spread on a plate or a bowl, add your sliced fruits and warmed apricots.
- Top with pistachios and grate orange zest on top.