Mmm Strawberry Mousse… Do you like it creamy, or light and airy? Well this vegan strawberry mousse is naturally sweet and light, I’m sure you’re going to love it. Perfect for a plant based dessert on a sunny day (or a rainy day for that matter).
Vegan Strawberry Mousse
- For the Strawberry Mousse:
- 600g strawberries, washed and destemmed
- 125ml coconut oil
- 1 vanilla pod (bean), scraped or 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste To serve:
- fresh strawberry slices
- mint leaves
- black sesame seeds
- Add all the mousse ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until well incorporated.
- The oil needs to completely emulsify with the strawberries, so make sure there are no white dots in the mix but it’s just a beautiful pink colour.
- Pour into individual glasses and let the mousse set in the fridge for 3 hours. Once set, top with fresh strawberry slices, mint leaves and sprinkles of black sesame seeds for colour and crunch.
- A great dessert to make way ahead of time!
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations @bettinaskitchen if you make this vegan recipe