If you are looking for a sensory experience then this Saffron Rice Pudding Recipe will provide you with that. Not only does this vegan treat taste really sweet but it smells even sweeter too. What will it smell like?…. well it will have a sweet floral smell as Saffron comes from the flower known as the “saffron crocus”. Plus, this recipe is paired with vanilla and coconut so you are really in for a treat with this. Rice pudding isn’t for everyone but this vegan dessert may just change your mind! With the caramelised peaches on top wow rice pudding just levelled up.
Wherever you choose to enjoy this recipe, snap a photo and tag me in it over on Instagram.
TAGS: Vegan Rice Pudding Recipe | Plant Based Dessert | Vegan Pudding
Vegan Saffron Rice Pudding Recipe
- For the Saffron Rice Pudding:
- 250ml plant milk
- 200g pre-cooked rice pudding rice or sushi rice (approx 65g uncooked)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of saffron
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped, or ½ tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 3 peaches, stones removed, halved
- 1 apricot, stones removed, halved
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, add the peaches and apricot flesh side down and cook until nicely browned.
- In a pan over a low-medium heat, add the cooked rice, milk, saffron, vanilla and sugar and stir together over a low heat until nicely combined.
- Serve the rice in bowls, topped with the caramalised peaches and apricot.