Spicy and sweet this vegan recipe is super healthy packed full of nutrients like Vitamin C and K. Gochujang is made from red chillies, fermented soybeans, glutinous rice and salt. A staple in Korean Cuisine. You will really enjoy this recipe.
Vegan Red Cabbage, Rice & Gochujang Stir Fry Recipe
- For the Red Cabbage, Rice & Gochujang Stir Fry:
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp gochujang sauce
- 2 tbsp tamari, or soy sauce
- 200g pre-boiled rice (cooked weight)
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying To Serve:
- handful of sesame seeds
- handful of fresh coriander
- any other fresh greens you would like to add
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then add the onion, ginger and chilli. Stir well, cook for 2-3 mins, then add the red cabbage. Mix well and leave to cook down for around 20 mins on slow and low. The idea is that the cabbage naturally caramelises and becomes almost sweet, so it needs time.
- Once cooked down then add tamari and gochujang sauce and mix well.
- Then stir in the precooked rice and cook for a further 5 mins and serve up, sprinkled with sesame seeds, coriander and greens on top!