This popular Swedish Chocolate Cake will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Fact for you, the word Kladd is Swedish for sticky because this special cake has a sticky gooey center…mmm.
Vegan Kladdkaka (Swedish Chocolate Cake) Recipe
- For the Kladdkaka:
- 170ml melted vegan butter or odourless coconut oil
- 110g vegan dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 210g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 60g cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / essence
- 180ml plant milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (runny)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Grease a cake tin with coconut oil or vegan butter
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a pan and add the chocolate. Mix well until melted.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar and mix to dissolve.
- Add vanilla, flour, cacao, plant milk and salt and whisk well to combine.
- Pour into the greased cake tin and flatten. Then pour the peanut butter over the top and create some swirls by gently mixing it with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and once ready, let cool completely before serving.