How do you like your pancakes? Banana pancakes will give you get a boost of B6, a vitamin known for its mood boosting effects. Chia seeds will provide you with a source of omega’s 3’s… sounds like you’ll be having a great start to your day with this vegan breakfast. Let me know in the comments how yours went.
Vegan Grain Free Mini Banana Pancakes
- For the Pancakes
- 100g almond flour
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla pod powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + 10 tbsp water – stirred & soaked for 10 mins
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying To Serve:
- plant yoghurt
- maple syrup
- Add all ingredients except the coconut oil to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and using a small icecream scoop, create small balls of mixture.
- Place these in the pan, flatten slightly with a spatula or the back of a spoon, and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until golden brown.
- Serve by stacking the mini pancakes on a plate, topped with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of maple syrup and some berries!