Tasty natural vegan granola recipe that is delicious for breakfast, as a snack or you could even take it camping. Store it in a glass jar in the fridge to keep it crunchy.
Vegan Grain Free Granola Recipe
- For the Grain Free Granola
- 300 mixed nuts (eg brazil, pistachios, hazelnuts)
- zest of 1 lime, orange or lemon
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add nuts to a blender or food processor and pulse just a few times until the nuts are broken up into pieces (careful not to overblend to become sticky).
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, coconut oil, cacao nibs, sesame seeds, desiccated coconut and nuts in with the banana, and mix together with your hands to incorporate everything.
- Add to a medium sized baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and spread out well across the tray.
- Put in the oven for 30 mins, checking after 20 mins to give it a stir.
- Leave to cool completely, then grate in the zest, mix well and transfer into a glass jar using a funnel. Tip: Store in the fridge to keep it crunchy!