Some chocolate lovers are all about Chocolate Bounty and some not so much. If you’re reading this though you must be a Bounty chocolate fan surprised that you can make this in your own home. What’s more is that this recipe uses dates to sweeten things up rather than granulated sugar. Dates are high in antioxidants, potassium and fiber. Try a taste test with your friend and they will be surprised by this recipe too.
Vegan Chocolate Bounty Bites Recipe
- For the Chocolate Covered Bounty Bites:
- 6-8 large dates (I like to use Medjool dates)
- 65g desiccated coconut
- 20g coconut oil
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped, or ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 100g dark chocolate buttons
- handful of dry edible flower petals, for decoration
- Carefully open the dates by cutting down one side only and remove the pips, leaving them still in one piece.
- Add the desiccated coconut, coconut oil and vanilla to a small blender and blitz to combine.
- Stuff each date with the coconut mixture, and close the date over as much as possible.
- Melt the chocolate buttons over a bain marie, then coat each of the dates with chocolate. While the chocolate is still melted, add a sprinkle of edible flowers to each one.
- Place on a plate lined with greaseproof paper and refrigerate until the chocolate solidifies.