There’s plenty of iron, folate and healthy fats in this vegan pasta to keep you energized and focused. Even better that is simple to make. This is delicious topped with pangrattato!
”Vegan Bits & Bobs” Pesto Pasta Recipe
- For the Pesto Pasta
- 100g spaghetti
- 50g sunflower seeds
- handful of rocket (or other greens/herbs leftover in your fridge)
- 2 spring onions
- 60ml olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Blend all other ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, keeping aside some of the pasta water, pour half the pesto onto the pasta, and mix well. If it feels slightly too thick you can add a little bit of pasta water to loosen it up.
- On a serving plate, spread some of the remaining pesto across the base, place the pasta on top, then drizzle the rest of the pesto over the top.
- This is delicious topped with pangrattato!
You can find the recipe for Pangrattato here!