This vegan apple cake recipe is simple to make and amazingly delicious. Try it and let me know what you think.
- For the Cake
- 40g gluten free flour
- 200g almond flour
- 250ml plant milk (I prefer to use oat milk)
- 125ml maple syrup
- 125ml melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 vanilla pod (bean), scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt For the Topping:
- 4 apples, cored, quartered and thinly sliced in half moons
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar To Serve:
- plant vanilla custard
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a 20 cm (8 ins) cake tin (pan) with greaseproof paper (wax paper) or use a good-quality silicone mould.
- Add all the cake ingredients (excluding the topping) into a food processor and blend everything together for about 5 minutes until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin (pan), sprinkle a layer of brown sugar & cinnamon on top of the cake mixture, then carefully arrange the apples, covering the whole of the top of the cake. Then sprinkle the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon over the apples.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. Switch the oven off and leave the cake sitting in the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. I love this cake with a good helping of vanilla custard.