One of the quickest dishes you could possibly make, this is a great way to pimp up some lovely fresh green beans, or any other green vegetable that you have handy, eg brocolli, kale or even peas.
This is a simple and flavoursome side dish to any meal, and the addition of some lovely umami flavours gives it an extra element of deliciousness!
The Best Green Beans with Sesame & Chilli
- For the Best Green Beans:
- 400 grams of green beans
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, chopped For the Dressing:
- 50ml of Yondu
- 10 ml of maple syrup
- ½ thumb of ginger, grated
- small garlic clove, grated
- ½ red chili, sliced For the Sprinkles:
- crispy shallots (the ones you buy)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Get a pot of water boiling while you wash and trim the ends of your green beans. Once water is boiling add a pinch of salt along with your green beans and let them boil for about 5 minutes. You still want them to have a bite.
- While they are cooking mix Yondu, maple syrup, grated garlic and ginger and mix.
- Slice the spring onions and chili and set aside.
- Drain the beans and plate or add to a shallow bowl, pour the dressing on top and sprinkle with spring onions, crispy shallots and chili.
- Give the beans a bit of a mix and eat straight away. They will be sweet and salty, crispy and spicy all at the same time! Incredibly delicious!