These will be the quickest tacos you have ever had. Fire up that bbq then throw these gorgeous tacos together and enjoy with good company!
For more BBQ ideas, head on over to this awesome collection of vegan BBQ recipes
BBQ Sweet Corn Tacos with Sriracha Mayonnaise
- For the Corn
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- olive oil
- chili flakes
- pinch of malden sea salt For the Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp of plant mayonnaise or normal
- 2 tbsp of sriracha
- 1 tbsp of plant yogurt
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper For the Filling
- 2-4 soft tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 30 grams fresh coriander For the Quick Pickled Red Onion
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 3 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- For the quick pickled onions, marinate the onion slices in sugar and apple cider vinegar. Don’t be afraid of the sugar here as you are just marinating them quickly. Once done set aside.
- For the mayonnaise, simply mix all of the mayonnaise ingredients and set aside until assembly.
- Cover the corn in olive oil, sprinkle on salt and chilli flakes and put on the barbecue until nicely charred. Once done set aside.
- Put your tortillas in the oven on the grill mode until nice and hot. Once they are warm add baby gem, sliced avocado, and the charred corn. I find that the best way to get the corn off the cobs is to slice the corn from the sides by holding the cob tightly and slicing downwards. Add those big corn chunks to your tortillas and dollop over mayonnaise and pickled red onion and some fresh cilantro. This is a super quick and easy meal but so satisfying on all levels.