This salad is so easy to put together, filling because of the addition of crisp toasted bread and super versatile. You can make it vegan by swapping out the cheese. And I love the watermelon addition and the saltiness coming from the olives and feta. This is one of those go-to dishes for any party or BBQ.
This recipe is part of an on-going series with Abel and Cole. I had the absolute pleasure of visiting the farm where these gorgeous tomatoes were grown, which you can read all about here.
Summer Panzanella Salad
- Leftover stale bread (4 pieces toasted)
- 1 punnet of baby cucumbers
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes or 4 big tomatoes sliced in chunks
- 4 spring onions sliced sideways
- ½ baby watermelon sliced in chunks
- 1 packet Feta cheese (vegan or non-vegan) sliced in chunks*
- 1 packet of black olives
- Fresh basil and mint for garnish
- You can even make your own vegan Feta See recipe below* Dressing
- 100ml olive oil
- 50ml of apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp of dried thyme
- 1tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1tsp of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start off by preparing your dressing – add all ingredients to a jar or dressing bottle. Give it a good mix or shake and set aside.
- Toast your bread, tear or cut into chunks and set aside.
- Slice your vegetables and fruits into generous chunks. Add them all into a big bowl, as well as the feta chunks and olives. Pour over the dressing and make sure you mix all the ingredients really well. You want the dressing to get well incorporated.
- Transfer the salad into a beautiful bowl and arrange some fresh herbs on top like mint and basil.