”Stale Bread” Croutons
- For the Croutons
- 2 slices stale bread
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stalks
- pinch chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Chop stale bread into small bite sized crouton pieces and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Grate the garlic clove over the bread pieces, add the thyme, chilli flakes and pour the oil over the top. Mix together with your hands to incorporate everything.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes until browned and crispy – keep checking as they may cook quickly!
- Remove from the oven and serve over dishes like salads or soups, or simply just snack on them!