Quick and easy to make. This simple vegan dumpling recipe is a great addition to a buffet that will leave your guests wanting to know the recipe themselves.
Spring Green Dumplings
- For the Spring Green Dumplings:
- 1 pack of dumpling pastry/wrappers
- 100g spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 1 summer onion, finely chopped
- 140g tofu (either silken or firm)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari, or strong soy sauce To Serve:
- handful of sesame seeds
- handful of thinly sliced spring onion
- small bowl of tamari or soy sauce for dipping
- Heat oil in a frying pan, then add onion and fry for a few mins. Then crumble in the tofu, add the spinach and tamari. Stir for a few minutes then set aside to cool completely.
- Take an individual dumpling wrapper, add a small amount of filling to the centre (careful not to overfill!). Dip your finger in some water then run your finger around the inside edge of the wrapper, and fold the wrapper over to seal in the filling. The water will act as glue as you squeeze the pastry edges together to form a dumpling.
- Once you have made all the dumplings, heat some olive oil in a large pan and add the dumpings, to fry on one side only.
- Once they are browned underneath, add 70g water to the pan and cover with a lid. This will allow the dumplings to steam.
- Once all the water has evaporated, serve up the dumplings topped with sesame seeds and spring onions, along with a tamari dipping sauce.