Smashed Brussel Sprouts & Garlic Mayonnaise
- For the Smashed Brussel Sprouts
- 300/400g of brussel sprouts (outer layer cleaned and washed)
- olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste For the Mayonnaise:
- 100ml plant mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- juice of of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start off by pre-heating the oven to 220 degrees.
- Peel the outer layer of your sprouts and give them a good wash. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add some salt and the sprouts and pre boil for 10 minutes until semi soft. Once cooked (don’t over cook, make sure they don’t turn a dull green), drain properly.
- Line a big baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour the brussel sprouts out on the paper. Make sure they have enough space in between and flatten with the palm of your hand so that the sprouts go as flat as possible. Do that with all the sprouts. You might find that some water comes out once all the sprouts are flattened, so make sure that you soak up the excess water with a kitchen towel.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes until brown. Take the tray out and turn the sprouts and pop back in the oven for another 10 minutes. You want the sprouts to be golden and crispy!
- While they are cooking, mix all your mayonnaise ingredients together and set aside.
- Once the sprouts are golden, take out of the oven and eat straight away while they are super crispy and dip in garlic mayo!