- For the Paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece fresh turmeric root
- 1 inch/thumb fresh ginger
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/2 to 1 fresh chili (depending how hot you like it)
- 60ml olive oil
- salt & pepper For the Simple Curry:
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 30g red lentils, rinsed
- 30g rice, rinsed
- handful of fresh greens – spinach / kale / herbs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add all ingredients for the paste into a blender and blitz until you have a smooth paste.
- Heat the paste in a pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and cook for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the rest of vegetables (except the fresh greens), along with the coconut milk, lentils and rice, and simmer over a low heat for 25 mins, until the veg is soft & the rice and lentils are cooked.
- Just before serving, stir in the fresh greens, and serve the curry topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.