A childhood favourite from Sweden where I grew up and lived during my teens from the age of eleven to my early twenties. It is also now my daughters favourite recipe to make and eat! A great little snack or afternoon pick me up.
- For the Scandi Snowballs
- 4–6 tablespoons cacao
- 200 g (7 oz/1 1⁄2 cup) rolled oats
- 2–3 tablespoons date syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil desiccated coconut, for rolling Boosters:
- cacao nibs
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut to a blender and blitz until well combined and slightly sticky.
- Form 6–8 small balls, then gently roll them in the desiccated coconut and let rest and firm up in the fridge.
- I usually store these in an airtight container.