Savoury Toast with Raita
- For the Toast:
- 4 slices bread (I like to use sourdough but any will do)
- olive oil, for frying For the Batter:
- 50g flour, or chickpea flour for gluten free option
- 175g plant milk (I like to use oat milk)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 20g fresh chives, chopped
- pinch of salt & pepper For the Raita:
- 200ml plant yoghurt
- 1/2 small cucumber, diced small (remove seeds inside)
- 1/4 red onion, diced small
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 sprig fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Make the raita by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Add all the batter ingredients together in another bowl, and whisk together well.
- Dip each piece of bread into the batter and make sure it is fully coated on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and when the oil is hot, add each slice of the covered bread and fry on each side for 1-2 mins until golden brown.
- Serve the savoury toast on a plate topped with a dollop of raita.