”Saved Bread & Sad Herbs” Stuffed Mushrooms
- For the Stuffed Mushrooms
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 large slice or 2 small slices stale bread
- 2 sprigs dill
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stalks
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- juice & rind of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Wash mushrooms and gently remove the stalks. Keep the stalks to use later in the recipe, and place the mushrooms on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Break up stale bread and whizz up in a blender or food processor along with the herbs.
- Add breadcrumb mix to a bowl and add lemon juice, zest, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Fill each mushroom with this mixture and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Take out the oven and sprinkle with hemp seeds and serve up!