How many days has your lettuce been at the back of your fridge? Don’t let it go to waste. There’s time left to use it up! Rich if Vitamin A lettuce also contains zeaxanthin an antioxidant that boosts vision health. With the potatoes and plant cream this creamy vegan soup is simple delicious.
”Save the Lettuce Leaf” Vegan Soup Recipe
- For the Soup
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 200g plant cream
- handful of lettuce leaves
- salt & pepper For the Topping
- drizzle olive oil
- pinch chili flakes
- handful of croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the courgette, potato, leek & garlic. Fry for a couple of minutes then add 1 cup of water and boil until the liquid has evaporated.
- Then add to a blender along with the miso, cream and lettuce leaves and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of chili and croutons.