Roots & Spicy Peanut Slaw
- For the Roots & Spicy Peanut Slaw:
- 1 small (or ½ large) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small (or ½ large) cucumber, julienned
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small courgette, julienned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt For the Dressing:
- 50ml peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp tamari For the Topping:
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- handful of mint leaves
- In a large bowl, massage the olive oil and salt into the sliced red cabbage, with your hands, to soften it.
- Add the carrot, cucumber, onion and courgette and mix together to combine. Then transfer into a nice salad bowl or platter.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and lime juice and pour this dressing over the salad.
- Top with the spring onion, chilli, toasted peanuts and mint.