Sometimes it just seems like there isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done but don’t worry, you can still have a healthy vegan meal ready in no time. Whether you need to make a quick salad before work, or a last minute dish for your summer party. This is a go to vegan recipe that I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy.
The high water content in these veggies will hydrate you, with the added mint it is super refreshing! Then with the addition of the spicy peanut slaw it gives you some healthy fats and a mild kick that brings it all together. When you make this feel free to tag me in your photos @bettinas_kitchen over on Instagram.
Roots & Spicy Peanut Slaw Vegan Recipe
- For the Roots & Spicy Peanut Slaw:
- 1 small (or ½ large) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small (or ½ large) cucumber, julienned
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small courgette, julienned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt For the Dressing:
- 50ml peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp tamari For the Topping:
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- handful of mint leaves
- In a large bowl, massage the olive oil and salt into the sliced red cabbage, with your hands, to soften it.
- Add the carrot, cucumber, onion and courgette and mix together to combine. Then transfer into a nice salad bowl or platter.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and lime juice and pour this dressing over the salad.
- Top with the spring onion, chilli, toasted peanuts and mint.