Isn’t it Thyme you jazzed up your Sunday roast… get it? *tumble weed* I know lame, but at least this recipe isn’t anything like that joke. These roasted Thyme & Balsamic Apricots are a great addition to veggies if you are looking to tweak your traditional family roast. Also, I think these roasted thyme and balsamic apricots would taste delicious with flatbread, a savoury croissant or even a wrap. It’s always fun to experiment with flavour combinations! Apricot’s fruity flavour work well with potatoes, as does thyme. Furthermore, this recipe’s apricot ingredient with it’s tangerine colour would make a great addition laid out on a table for a Halloween buffet. Your friends and family will hopefully remember this Halloween for the tasty food as well as your embarrassing spooky outfits. It’s all a bit of fun eh!
If you make this recipe and also want to tag me in your halloween outfits, you can find me over on Instagram.
Roasted Thyme & Balsamic Apricots
- For the Roasted Thyme & Balsamic Apricots:
- 450-500g apricots
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cut apricots in half and remove stones. Place onto the tray, cut side up, and sprinkle sugar over the top. Then add the thyme sprigs and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the whole dish.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes until nice and soft and slightly charred.
- Enjoy on their own or as a breakfast topping.