Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Pea Smash
- For the Potato Wedges:
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, cut lengthways into long wedges
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil for basting
- 3 tbsp Rawmesan (see below for recipe) For the Pea Smash:
- 125g frozen peas
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 fresh chilli, sliced OR a pinch of chilli flakes
- salt & pepper to taste Rawmesan (makes 150g jar):
- 60g almond flour
- 60g unsalted hazelnuts (or buy toasted if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp salt Add Ins:
- pinch of chilli flakes for the daring spice lovers
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast for the fully fledged vegans
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Make the Rawmesan by pre-toasting the hazelnuts if not already pre-toasted, then crush in a pestle & mortar or whizz in a food processor or coffee grinder until you get a chunky consistency. Then simply mix the rest of the ingredients together and store in an airtight jar.
- Baste the sweet potato wedges with olive oil.
- Sprinkle Rawmesan over sweet potato wedges, to form a crust.
- Put in oven for 30 mins until soft inside and crispy on the outside.
- For the pea smash, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and gently pulse until well mixed but still with some chunky bits.
- Serve up the sweet potato wedges with the pea smash in a bowl for dipping.