This cosy and creamy salad with the added bonus of the best avocados I have had in a long time is my new treat! Ripe and ready to eat, Gem® avocados are smoother and creamier than regular avocados and bigger too which means more bang for your buck and more taste for your tongues! Happy wallets and bellies all round.
This recipe is in collaboration with Gem Avocado UK. Which will be available in Tesco’s from the 8th October – the start of their season!
Roasted Pumpkin and Avocado Salad
- Olive oil for roasting
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pumpkin (sliced and peeled – keep the seeds)
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 big @GemAvocadoUK avocado (sliced)
- 1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 pommegranate Dressing:
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Sprinkle of chilli
- Put the oven on 240 degrees. Pour over a good glug of olive on your sliced and peeled pumpkin chunks and top with salt and pepper. Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While your pumpkin is roasting, start making your dressing. Add all the ingredients together into a blender and whizz to combine. Set aside.
- Once your pumpkin is nice and golden, remove from the oven and set aside. Lightly toast your pumpkin seeds in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Start making your salad by adding your spinach, roasted pumpkin, toasted seeds and pomegranate seeds. Add your sliced avocados. Then pour over the dressing and enjoy!