Rhubarb Almond Cakes
- For the Rhubarb
- 2 rhubarb stems
- 1 orange
- ½ pod of vanilla, scraped, or ½ tsp vanilla paste / extract
- sprinkle of brown sugar For the Cakes:
- 280g self raising flour
- 50g almond flour
- 200ml plant milk
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 100ml melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla pod (bean), scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla paste / extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut up the rhubarb and place into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Squeeze the juice of the orange over the rhubarb, along with the vanilla and sugar sprinkled on top. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all cake ingredients together and pour evenly into a muffin tin to make 12 cakes.
- Add the cooked rhubarb pieces on top of each one and cook in the oven for 12 minutes.