Now, if you are not use to having fruits in salads you may be a little hesitant. However, I can assure you that this flavour combination will inspire you. Blood orange is sweet, tangy and tart. Then, with the addition of the herbs – fennel, onion cress and caper. You have a floral, tangy, salty contrast that will leave your taste buds in awe of such possibilities.
Refreshing Blood Orange & Beetroot Salad Vegan Recipe
- For the Salad
- 3 blood oranges (peeled and sliced)
- 1 fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 1 red beetroot (sliced)
- 1 yellow beetroot (sliced)
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- handful of onion cress For the Dressing:
- 30 ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of capers salt & pepper
- Peel and thinly slice the blood oranges, fennel, red onions and beetroot. Mix together and place onto a serving platter, topped with the pomegranate seeds and onion cress.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together (or put into a lidded jar and shake to combine), and pour over the top of the salad.