Avocados make me HAPPY! I am obsessed with them, they are nature’s own bundle of nutrition. I also love the typical breakfast that is served all over Spain: pan con tomate, meaning bread with tomato. Truly it is a match made in heaven. This is my all-time favourite meal. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Avocado on Toast, The Bettina's Kitchen Way
- 2 slices of good-quality shop-bought bread
- 1/2 avocado, sliced For the tomato topping (makes enough for 2–4 slices)
- 1 big ripe tomato or 2 small ones
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil To serve
- rocket (arugula)
- sesame seeds
- hemp hearts
- Place all the tomato ingredients into a blender and blitz until everything is well combined, then set aside.
- Pop the bread into a toaster and crisp up.
- Place the toast on a plate and add a layer of tomato topping, sliced avocado and any of the serving options. I love topping my toast with rocket or watercress and basil and a sprinkling of seeds, hemp hearts or sprouts for added flavour and nutrition.