- For the Pangrattato
- 1 large slice or 2 small slices of stale bread
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- zest of half a lemon
- Blitz the bread in a blender or food processor to create breadcrumbs. Heat a frying pan on a med-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the breadcrumbs, grated garlic, chilli, thyme, salt & pepper and stir for a few minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy.
- Turn off the heat and then add the lemon zest.
- Use as a delicious topping on many dishes, including pasta, stuffed vegetables, tray bakes… it adds a little zing to any meal!