In this porridge culture of ours, it’s nice to try something new. Polenta has such a lovely creamy texture and, paired with warm berries, it’s a match made in heaven.
- For the Polenta with Warm Berries
- 100 g (31⁄2 oz/2/3 cup) polenta
- 500 ml (17 oz/2 cups) Oat Milk or other plant milk
- 60 ml (2 oz/ cup) Quick Plant Cream (cashew, almond or sunflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 125 g (4 oz/2/3 scant cup) mixed frozen berries
- splash of water
- Put the polenta and plant milk in a medium-sized pan and gently bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring so that it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan, until thick and creamy. When it is ready, stir in the plant cream and vanilla paste. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the frozen berries in a separate small pan with the water and warm through over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the creamy polenta into a bowl and top with a spoonful of warm berries. This is best eaten straight away.