Polenta Porridge with Warmed Berries
- For the Polenta Porridge
- 100g polenta
- 500ml Oat Milk
- 60ml plant cream
- 1 tsp vanilla paste For the Topping:
- 125g (4 oz/scant 2/3 cup) mixed frozen berries
- splash of water
- Put the polenta and plant milk in a medium-sized pan and gently bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring so that it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan, until thick and creamy. When it is ready, stir in the plant cream and vanilla paste. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the frozen berries in a separate small pan with the water and warm through over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the creamy polenta into a bowl and top with a spoonful of warm berries. This is best eaten straight away.