One thing I love about cooking as a chef is the history of food. For example, the origins of Polenta are founded in Northern Italy, where its used in many dishes due to its versatility. Also, what is great about this corn is the fact it’s a complex carb so will keep you fuller for longer! This vegan Polenta porridge recipe features a mixture of juicy, tart, sweet berries…yummy. Is it just me who finds warm berries so soothing in the mornings?… Ahhh.
Polenta Porridge with Warmed Berries Vegan Recipe
- For the Polenta Porridge
- 100g polenta
- 500ml Oat Milk
- 60ml plant cream
- 1 tsp vanilla paste For the Topping:
- 125g mixed frozen berries
- splash of water
- Put the polenta and plant milk in a medium-sized pan and gently bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring so that it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan, until thick and creamy. When it is ready, stir in the plant cream and vanilla paste. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the frozen berries in a separate small pan with the water and warm through over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the creamy polenta into a bowl and top with a spoonful of warm berries. This is best eaten straight away.