Make sure to use
Pear & Olive Oil Vegan Sheet Cake Recipe
- For the Cake
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 120ml olive oil
- 240ml Plant milk
- 120g soft brown sugar
- ½ scraped vanilla pod, or ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- handful of chopped chocolate chunks For the Topping
- 3 pears (sliced)
- generous sprinkle of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the cake ingredients (except the chocolate) together in a bowl, then stir through the chocolate chunks.
- Cut the pears in half and slice them thinly into half moons.
- Line a rectangular baking tray (approx size 37 x 26.5cm) with greaseproof paper and pour in the cake mix. Cover with a layer of sliced pears, then add a generous sprinkle of brown sugar over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.