A real crowd pleaser, super colourful, with lots of texture and, first and foremost, a delicious flavour.
- For the One-Tray Sunday Roast
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced lengthways - 1–2 carrots (multi coloured if possible), sliced lengthways - 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced lengthways - 1 red onion, sliced lengthways - 1/4 red cabbage, sliced - 1 garlic bulb, sliced - 1 handful of kale - 2 tablespoons olive oil - 1 tablespoon tamari - 1 garlic clove, grated For the Smashed Peas:
- 800 g (1 lb 12 oz/5 cups) frozen peas
- 1 splash of Plant Cream - salt and freshly cracked black pepper For the Herb Sauce: - 30 g (1 oz) parsley - 1⁄2 chilli, deseeded and sliced - 2 tablespoons olive oil - 1 squeeze of lemon juice - salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6) and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Prepare all the veggies, remember that roots take longer to cook, so the thinner you slice the quicker they will cook. Mix the olive oil, tamari and garlic in a bowl. Place all the veggies except for the kale on the prepared baking sheet and baste with the olive oil mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes then add the kale, then cook for another 10 minutes until tender and golden. 4. While the veggies are cooking, put the frozen peas into a medium-sized hot pan and heat through with a splash of plant cream. Add to a blender and blitz until smooth, then season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- To make the herb sauce, put all sauce ingredients in a blender and blitz until you have a lovely smooth sauce. 6. Once the veggies are brown on the outside and soft in the middle, scoop out the smashed peas onto a large serving plate or divide between portions. Take the veggies out of the oven, place on the mash and drizzle with the herby sauce.