’Not a Duck’ Pancakes
- For the Pancakes:
- 135g plain flour
- 70g boiling water
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil, or other vegetable oil For the Filling:
- 2 large tins of jackfruit (approx 1100g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60ml hoisin sauce
- ½ cucumber, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 spring onion, sliced into thin matchsticks
- handful of white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Slice the jackfruit thinly and spread across an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper. Pour olive oil over the jackfruit and roast in the oven for 20-30 mins until nice and crispy.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, make the pancakes. Mix together the flour, oil and water and make into a ball of dough, adding more flour if necessary. Empty onto a floured surface and knead for a few minutes until it feels springy.
- Roll the dough into a long sausage shape and cut into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a small ball. Using a rolling pin, roll these out to be as thin as possible and dry fry each pancake in a non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, turning once until browned on each side.
- When the jackfruit is ready, add the hoisin sauce, mix well and put in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Put the cucumber and spring onion matchsticks into serving bowls and when the pancakes are ready, assemble up your ‘Not a Duck’ pancakes!