No Bake Chocolate & Hazelnut Torte
- For the Base:
- 240g hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 1 hour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt For the Filling:
- 250ml coconut oil
- 120g cacao powder
- 60ml maple syrup For the Toppings:
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- zest of 1 orange or 1⁄2 grapefruit To Serve:
- berries and fruits
- Line a round 20cm cake tin with greaseproof paper for easy removal of the cake.
- For the base, place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until you get a sticky consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin, pressing it into the bottom in an even layer. Make the edge by pushing your thumb on the inside of the casing and shaping with your other thumb from the top, working your way all around. Then place in the fridge to chill and set for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, gently heat all the filling ingredients. Do not overheat. If your coconut oil is solid, wait until it has melted before mixing until you have a shiny, beautiful mixture. Take off the heat. If your coconut oil is already melted you just need to incorporate all the ingredients and be very careful not to overheat.
- Pour the mixture into your beautiful tart crust. Evenly sprinkle some sea salt and some orange or grapefruit zest on top, then return to the fridge to set for 3 hours or until completely solidified.
- This little number can be done way ahead of time. It will impress any dinner party-goer and can be topped off with berries and fruits for tartness.