This is a perfect healthy vegan meal for if you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
One of my favourite ways to cook aubergine is to hedgehog them, marinate in a delicious sauce and then roast them along with cauliflower florets, to absorb all the flavours. Adding the delicious aubergine and cauliflower to a pita pocket along with some fresh salad and a yummy sauce makes for a quick and easy vegan lunch or family plant based dinner that won’t fail to impress.
TAGS: Vegan recipes with Aubergine | Vegan Cauliflower Recipes
Miso Aubergines and Cauliflower Pockets
- For the Miso Aubergines and Cauliflower Pockets:
- 100ml Nojo White Miso Sauce (or more to your taste)
- 1 large aubergine
- I small cauliflower head
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pitta breads For the Toppings:
- fresh herbs
- fresh lettuce
- Nojo White Miso Sauce, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- To hedgehog the aubergine, cut it in half lengthways. Cut the flesh of each half lengthwise into quarters without cutting through the skin. Then make 6–8 cuts across the flesh to divide the flesh into chunks.
- Clean and chop the cauliflower into florets (keep the leaves for cooking too).
- Put the aubergine and cauliflower in the prepared pan and drizzle a bit of olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the Nojo White Miso sauce on top and make sure it goes into the hedgehogged aubergine and cauliflower.
- Toss to incorporate everything and pop in the oven for 20–25 minutes until everything is golden brown. The veggies should be nice and charred.
- Once done, fill the pitta pockets with the miso roasted aubergines and cauliflower and top with the tomatoes, lettuce, fresh herbs and more Nojo sauce!