Self love come in many forms. What you eat is a type of self love. This vegan recipe is a noodle dish that will support your body with its secret ingredient you may have not have heard of… lotus root. It is very nutritious, providing an abundance of vitamins and minerals to nurture your body and mind. Food for the soul.
Lotus Root Longevity Noodles Vegan Recipe
- For the Longevity Noodles
- 2 noodle nests (pre cooked and drained)
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- olive oil for frying
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 chili (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 3 dry shiitake mushrooms (soaked)
- 1 handful of greens (eg spinach, chopped)
- 1 bok choi For the Sauce:
- 30 ml of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil For the Topping:
- shiso leaf
- fried lotus root (optional)
- sesame seeds
- Pre-cook and drain the noodles, mix some sesame oil through to prevent them sticking together, and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, shallot, garlic and chili and cook for a few mins. Then add the mushrooms for a couple more minutes, and finally the greens then the bok choi.
- Add the sauce ingredients and cook for a few more minutes.
- Then add the noodles and heat for just a couple of minutes, not too long.
- If using, peel and slice the lotus root and fry in oil until nice and crispy.
- Once everything is ready, serve into a bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, shiso leaf and fried lotus root (if using).