- For the Longevity Noodles
- 2 noodle nests (pre cooked and drained)
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- olive oil for frying
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 chili (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 3 dry shiitake mushrooms (soaked)
- 1 handful of greens (eg spinach, chopped)
- 1 bok choi For the Sauce:
- 30 ml of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil For the Topping:
- shiso leaf
- fried lotus root (optional)
- sesame seeds
- Pre-cook and drain the noodles, mix some sesame oil through to prevent them sticking together, and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, shallot, garlic and chili and cook for a few mins. Then add the mushrooms for a couple more minutes, and finally the greens then the bok choi.
- Add the sauce ingredients and cook for a few more minutes.
- Then add the noodles and heat for just a couple of minutes, not too long.
- If using, peel and slice the lotus root and fry in oil until nice and crispy.
- Once everything is ready, serve into a bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, shiso leaf and fried lotus root (if using).