Kale pesto pizza a super tasty and healthy pizza you can easily make in no time at all.
This recipe is of course vegan, it’s also gluten-free. I think this is a delectable and healthy alternative to traditional pizza. Kale pesto is a fresh and delicious sauce full of nutrients and flavour. Kale pesto makes a great alternative to tomato sauce and compliments the gram flour base perfectly.
Kale Pesto Pizza
- For the Pizza Base:
- 120g chickpea (or gram) flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 240ml water For the Pesto:
- 20g kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 10g basil
- 45g white sesame seeds
- ½ clove garlic
- 100g olive oil
- ½ tsp salt For the Topping:
- 1 yellow tomato, sliced
- handful of rocket
- handful of pomegranate seeds sprinkle of Quick Pickled Red Onions
- a few basil leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Add all the ingredients for the pizza base to your Vitamix (or other blender) and blend until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, and put into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the kale pesto by adding all ingredients to your Vitamix small container or another blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and flip it upside down onto a serving dish. Remove the greaseproof paper by peeling it off the base of the pizza.
- Spread a generous layer of the kale pesto onto the pizza base, then add the rocket, tomato, basil leaves, pomegranate seeds and pickled onions.