This is one of the quickest milks you can make at home. It is my go-to milk when I am in a hurry and is particularly good in smoothies.
- For the Hemp Milk
- 50 g (2 oz / 1/4 cup) hemp hearts, hulled
- 500 ml (17 oz / 2 cups) water To Add In:
- 1/2 vanilla pod (bean), scraped, or pinch of ground vanilla pod
- stoned (pitted) dates, for sweetness
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- ground cardamom, to taste
- Put the hemp hearts and water into a blender and blitz until you get a milky texture.
- Don’t bother straining the milk, just use it straightaway. This is the quickest plant milk you will ever make! 3. Add-ins You can add flavours by using any of the suggested add-ins.
- The milk lasts for 3–4 days in the fridge and is best stored in a glass bottle.