With its origins in Yemen cuisine this vibrantcondiment will jazz up your falafels or salads in ways you never knew were possible. Its fresh, spicy and garlic taste will be a delight to try. Also, lasts for up to a week in the fridge. Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments.
How to Make Zhoug
- For the Zhoug:
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander/cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (or ground coriander)
- ½ tsp salt
- 120ml olive oil
- Dry pan fry the cumin seeds and coriander seeds for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a jar and add some olive oil to seal it, and keep in the fridge for up to a week.