This recipe is better for the environment and your pockets! Stale bread makes for the perfect crunchy croutons that will taste delicious in your soups and salads.
”How to make homedmade Croutons
- For the Croutons
- 2 slices stale bread
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stalks
- pinch chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Chop stale bread into small bite sized crouton pieces and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Grate the garlic clove over the bread pieces, add the thyme, chilli flakes and pour the oil over the top. Mix together with your hands to incorporate everything.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes until browned and crispy – keep checking as they may cook quickly!
- Remove from the oven and serve over dishes like salads or soups, or simply just snack on them!