Would you like to create a vegan curry paste from scratch? If so, it’s fairly simple to do with the right ingredients. This curry paste can be used for the base for many different curries and sauces. It’s made with just a few ingredients and amazingly can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 weeks!
Vegan curry pastes are typically sold in jars at supermarkets but they can be expensive and contain additional preservatives and sugar. This recipe is your first satisfying step to learning how to make your own vegan curry paste from scratch.
- For the Curry Paste:
- 125g fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ shallot, roughly chopped
- 90ml olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Put all ingredients into a small Vitamix and blend on high for approx 1 minute.
- Pour into a jar, cover the top with a layer of olive oil and keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
- This paste can be used in many recipes, including pumpkin soup, vegetable curry and mushroom & lentil stew.