Hedgehog Aubergine with Plant Mayo Dressing & Gomasio
- For the Hedgehog Aubergine:
- 1 large aubergine For the Mayo Dressing:
- 1-2 tbsp plant mayonnaise
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup Gomasio:
- 50g black or white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- To hedgehog the aubergine, cut it lengthwise into quarters, and hedgehog each quarter (gently slice lengthways down the middle of the flesh, then slice across the way every 5mm, to just above the skin, without cutting through the skin).
- Mix the mayo dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, and brush onto the aubergine, covering all the white parts and getting into all the little grooves created by hedgehogging.
- Make the gomasio by blitzing the ingredients together in a small blender or food processor.
- Sprinkle on top of the aubergine and cook in the oven for 30-40 mins until the aubergine is nice and soft.