Vegan Hazelnut & Chocolate Bites are the perfect decadent dessert to serve at your party, I’m thinking they’re ideal for Christmas. However, these bites are a sweet treat that can be enjoyed any time of the year, or any time of the day for that matter!
These bites are great because they’re easy to customise with your favourite nuts and toppings, this recipe includes a topping of pistachio nuts, but feel free to experiment and get creative with different toppings
This recipe is easy to make and will satisfy those with a sweet tooth. Additionally, these bites are gluten-free and vegan-friendly!
Hazelnut & Chocolate Bites
- For the Hazelnut & Chocolate Bites:
- leftover pulp from making Hazelnut Milk
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g raw hazelnuts
- 200g dark chocolate chips (melted)
- handful of pistachio nuts, chopped, to sprinkle on outer layer
- Add all ingredients (except the chocolate and pistachios) to your Vitamix or other blender, and blend until incorporated. It is ok if there are some chunks of hazelnuts, for texture.
- Roll into balls, approx 10-12 depending on what size you like them.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a bain marie. Dip the balls into the melted chocolate, covering each ball in chocolate, then sit them on some greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and leave in the fridge to solidify.