Another fruity dessert that will make you feel great. This Pineapple Cashew Cream recipe is so so good. Firstly, you have griddled warm pineapple which if you haven’t had before then you will be glad you tried this. You can have contrasting flavours that go together but another thing that works well with desserts is contrasting temperatures which is what this has! An example of this would be pudding like warm cookies and ice cream. However, this is a more healthier alternative vegan fruit pudding that has that contrast. Plus, Cashew cream gives you a healthy dose of fats and plant proteins which is important in a vegan diet!
If you make this Griddled Pineapple & Vanilla Cashew Cream Recipe, feel free to tag me in your photos over on Instagram.
Griddled Pineapple & Vanilla Cashew Cream
- For the Pineapple:
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 pinch of chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tiny sprinkle of salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil For the Vanilla Cashew Cream:
- 125g raw cashew nuts, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 240ml water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Prepare the pineapple by cutting off the top and bottom, then the sides. Cut into quarters, then remove the hard core in the middle. Slice the flesh into thick moons.
- Heat the coconut oil up a griddle pan over a high heat and add the pineapple. Sprinkle a small amount of chilli and a tiny bit of salt over them and char the pineapple quickly on both sides.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the soaked cashews, add to a blender with fresh water, maple syrup and vanilla paste. Blend into a beautiful white, smooth cream.
- Serve the hot pineapple slices with a generous dollop of cashew cream.